DBT Skills Group Schedule:
All groups meet online through a secure video platform. Groups are open to all California residents.
Thursdays 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Forming Interest List Now (start date pending)
If you struggle with any of the following, a DBT skills group can help:
- Feeling like your emotions are hard to manage
- Feeling you are on an emotional roller-coaster
- Feeling like your relationships go from great to really bad
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Problems with conflict, especially in your closest relationships
- Impulsive, compulsive or addictive behavior
- thoughts of ending your life
DBT skills group is not a typical talk therapy group. This is more like a class in giving you tools and skills to use in the moment right away. You learn how to manage your emotions, build better relationships and manage distress.
DBT Skills Group teaches:
- Mindfulness: being present in the moment instead of focusing on things the past or the future.
- Emotion Regulation: how to manage your emotions and help you feel in control of your emotions.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to interact with people and manage conflict while getting your needs met and maintaining both the relationship and your self-respect.
- Distress Tolerance: how to get through stressful situations without engaging in behaviors that negatively impact you in the long-term. How to join the DBT Skills Group:
If you would like to join the group, please click here to schedule an individual intake appointment.
- Skills group members must be in weekly individual therapy in order to participate in the group.
- It is highly recommended that a commitment to all 3 modules (26 weeks total).
- It is highly recommended to complete all modules 2x.
- We do not recommend group members to drop in and do one module at a time. This may be allowed on a case by case basis.
The fee for the individual intake appointment is $100. The fee for each skills group meeting is $75, payable in advance per module.
All modules are 8 weeks in length and there will be a 1-week break in between modules.